Orlando Sings, Inc.
UPDATE AUGUST 5, 2022
To maximize safety for all participants, Orlando Sings asks all participants to be up to date with COVID-19 vaccines. You are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines when you have received all doses in the primary series and all boosters recommended for you, when eligible.
Masking with appropriate material remains the best way of reducing potential infected aerosol from circulating in an indoor space while singing and speaking.
When the CDC COVID-19 Community Level for Orange County is Medium or High:
- Orlando Sings requires all singers to wear a mask in auditions and rehearsals.
- At dress rehearsals and concerts, singers may sing without a mask if they have a negative COVID test on the same day. Any type of COVID test is acceptable, including at-home tests. Test results do not need not be submitted or verified (honor system).
When the CDC COVID-19 Community Level for Orange County is Low:
- Masking at auditions, rehearsals, and concerts is optional.
- Singers are always welcome to wear a mask if they prefer.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Our rehearsal space at FUMC is equipped with a state-of-the-art HVAC system, which includes a 2-inch MERV-8 pre-filter and a 12-inch hospital-grade MERV 15 filter. In addition, the system senses any increase in CO2 in the room and automatically increases the amount of outside air into the mix upon recirculation.
All participants in any Orlando Sings program will also abide by the following precautions:
- If feeling ill, stay home.
- If one begins to feel ill during rehearsal, please leave immediately.
- Wash hands vigorously for 20 seconds and/ or use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Singers must always have their own copy of the music, so others are not asked to share.
- Whenever possible, doors will be propped open in order to reduce contact with door handles.
ACCEPTANCE OF VACCINE POLICY FOR ALL STAFF/ VOLUNTEERS/ PARTICIPANTS
The US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission announced that employers could require workers to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Paid singers and staff therefore apply for employment under the condition that they accept and will abide by this policy. Further, any person, paid or volunteer, who chooses to work on staff, audition, sing, or in any way take part in a choir, administrative work, or any program of Orlando Sings also chooses to accept this policy, including vaccination, masking, and other safety protocols. If any person does not wish to be fully vaccinated for any reason other than a disability or sincerely held religious belief, we respectfully ask that they delay auditioning or applying until this policy changes.
All participants must acknowledge that there are risks associated with entering rehearsal facilities and/or participating in Orlando Sings programs, rehearsals, and activities, and that the measures taken by the organization, it’s staff, contractors, volunteers, members and other participants, including those set out above and under any additional COVID-19 safety protocols, will not entirely eliminate those risks. By participating with Orlando Sings, whether as staff or program participant (choir member), you agree to be bound by the terms of the following Liability Waiver.
Note that application for employment and/ or participation in any chorus or program of Orlando Sings is completely voluntary. Nobody is forced to participate against their will.
This policy is subject to change according to current conditions or government mandates.
COVID-19 Liability Waiver
In exchange for use of the property, facilities, programs, and services of Orlando Sings, Inc., of Orlando, Florida, or in exchange for employment or contracted work from Orlando Sings, Inc., of Orlando, Florida, I, ______________________________, agree for myself and (if applicable) for the members of my family, to the following:
- AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings regarding COVID-19, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by Orlando Sings, Inc., or the employees, representatives, or agents of Orlando Sings, Inc..
- ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS AND RELEASE. I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with the above described activity regarding COVID-19, acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19, and I assume full responsibility for personal injury, death, disease or property losses, or any other loss to myself and (if applicable) my family members, and further release and discharge Orlando Sings, Inc. and its officers, directors, managers, officials, trustees, agents, employees, or other representatives for injury, loss or damage arising out of my or my family’s use of or presence upon the facilities, programs, and services of Orlando Sings, Inc., whether caused by the fault of myself, my family, Orlando Sings, Inc., or other third parties. I acknowledge that Orlando Sings, Inc. has followed all local and state requirements regarding the coronavirus pandemic to reduce the spread of COVID-19. I acknowledge that Orlando Sings, Inc. cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with COVID-19.
- INDEMNIFICATION. I agree to indemnify and defend Orlando Sings, Inc. against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my or my family’s use of or presence upon the facilities, programs, and services of Orlando Sings, Inc.
- CIVIL LIABILITY. Florida law protects organizations and businesses, including nonprofit organizations, from civil liability in the event they should be sued because of someone using their facility or their services catching COVID-19 or suffering from the virus.
- APPLICABLE LAW. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under Florida law.
- NO DURESS. I agree and acknowledge that I am under no pressure or duress to sign this Agreement and the I have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before signing. I further agree and acknowledge that I am free to have my own legal counsel review this Agreement if I so desire. I further agree and acknowledge that Orlando Sings, Inc., has offered to refund any fees I have paid to use its facilities, programs, and services if I choose not to sign this Agreement.
- ARM’S LENGTH AGREEMENT. This Agreement and each of its terms are the product of an arm’s length negotiation between the Parties. In the vent any ambiguity is found to exist in the interpretation of this Agreement, or any of its provisions, the Parties, and each of them, explicitly reject the application of any legal or equitable rule of interpretation which would lead to a construction wither “for” or “against” a particular party based upon their status as the drafter of a specific term, language, or provision giving riser to such ambiguity.
- ENFORCEABILITY. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement, whether standing alone or as applied to a particular occurrence or circumstance shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement or of any other applications of such provision, as the case may be, and such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deems not to be part of this Agreement.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties will attempt to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement through friendly negotiations amongst the parties. If the matter is not resolved by negotiation, the parties will resolve the dispute using the below Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) procedure: Any controversies or disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be submitted to mediation in accordance with any statutory rules of mediation. If mediation is not successful in resolving the entire dispute or is unavailable, any outstanding issues will be submitted to final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award will be final, and judgment may be entered upon it by any court having proper jurisdiction.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE, I VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.